Sasha Lane did wind up scoring a function in the Curiosity Cinematic Universe playing Hunter C-20 in the Disney+ series Loki , but did you lot know she actually auditioned for another MCU project far earlier?

With Lane's new series Conversations with Friends now bachelor, Lane joined us for an episode of Collider Ladies Night to epitomize her journey from her first feature, American Honey , to her new Hulu evidence. During a round of high/low in our Dicey Questions game, a category that calls for guests to name an audience high, an audience low and what they learned from that low, Lane revealed that she actually auditioned for a Spider-Man moving-picture show, presumably 2017's Spider-Homo: Homecoming .

Spider-Man-Homecoming
Image Via Marvel Studios

Conspicuously things didn't go her mode with that audition, but Lane did note that she walked out of the room with a greater understanding of the types of projects and roles that suited her most. She explained:

"I forgot what I was auditioning for. I recollect it was Spider-Man, to exist honest. And this was a long, long fourth dimension ago and I was non audition ready, and especially not Marvel gear up, you know? I'thou more of like, the eyes and the subtleties, and Marvel is the opposite of that. And I remember simply beingness in that room and they were like, 'Oh, could y'all just [do that with] more free energy? More free energy, more upwards and more song.' Yeah, no. That wasn't me. I knew right away. I was like, yeah, that was a cute little experience, but not for me."

loki-owen-wilson-tom-hiddleston
Image via Curiosity Studios

Nonetheless, that doesn't mean the MCU overall wasn't for her. Lane made her franchise debut as Hunter C-xx, or rather Young Hunter as Lane noted, in the second episode of Loki. The multi-episode arc saw her possessed by Sylvie (Sophia Di Martino), later which she became aware of her reality — all Time Variance Authority employees were really Variants themselves and were plucked from their lives on Earth to serve the Time-Keepers. Young Hunter attempts to expose the truth, simply and so she's never seen or heard from again with Renslayer (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) claiming that Young Hunter died due to Sylvie'south mental manipulation.

So what fabricated all the divergence when Lane went in for Loki versus her experience auditioning for Spider-Man? Lane laughed and said, "I didn't audience. And so that probably helped." She continued:

"Simply you know what was great was I had just given nascency a couple months before I got the opportunity. I was out shooting a music video I think in New York and I got the call about it, and I ended up talking to Kate [Herron], the managing director, and she was telling me a little flake near the universe and what she wanted to do with it, and it felt like this kind of underground version of Marvel, which I was like, 'Alright, if I can be in something similar this and so this is more than where I fit in. This is how I can jump into this globe.' And the fact that she wanted me in the first place and it meant a lot to her got me excited. And I merely started auditioning again and there was just something in me that was like, 'You know what? Okay! I just had a kid, I desire to get back into information technology. What a cool way to go about it.' I was just honored at that point. I was like, 'Me? Y'all really want me? Okay!' Which I estimate was a huge leap from sitting in that audience room just like, 'Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing here.'"

loki-sasha-lane
Image via Disney+

Lane certainly wound up finding the correct fit for herself in the MCU, making the near of every ounce of screen time she gets every bit Young Hunter to upwardly the stakes of the state of affairs at the TVA considerably. Ultimately, it appears Immature Hunter gives her life to show her co-workers their truths, but if you play by the rules that a graphic symbol isn't dead unless yous see a body, you may be wondering if Young Hunter is nonetheless out there somewhere. As we learn via Loki and others, when one is pruned, they wind upwardly in the Void, and so had Renslayer pruned Young Hunter for revealing the truth then there is a chance she's all the same in play.

What'due south Lane's accept on the affair? Does she call back Young Hunter is yet alive somewhere out there? Hither's what she said:

"I remember telling the producer, because they're similar, 'Oh, nosotros'll run into,' and I was like, 'If I happen to make information technology dorsum, can I just be hiding behind a little rock somewhere? Only squatted behind a stone just like, 'Hey! Missed y'all guys. It'due south been a while.' I'k badly hoping to exist hiding behind a stone somewhere considering you don't know where I went! You lot don't know. So, to me, I'm not dead, and then I'm merely trying to projection it out in that location that there's a rock that I'1000 sitting behind merely, 'Is anybody gonna stop past shortly?'"

Sasha Lane in Conversations with Friends
Image via Hulu

Eager to hear more from Lane? You can catch her episode of Collider Ladies Nighttime at the elevation of this article or you can listen to the full 40-minute conversation uncut in podcast form below:

Imogen Poots on Lessons Learned Making Cameron Crowe'due south 'Roadies' That Improved Her Feel on 'Outer Range'

Read Adjacent

Nigh The Writer